Our cattle are bred and finished in a stress free environment; they live in natural grasslands from birth and live their lives grazing, resting and socializing in small herds.
Our cattle are raised sustainably with systems and techniques that preserve and protect the environment. Natural resources are safeguarded and biodiversity is encouraged.
In compliance with organic production regulations, our herds are raised and finished in certified natural grassland farms. We promote the accumulation of organic matter on the soil through rotational grazing, improving natural biotic processes and carbon sequestration.
Our animals are fed on 100% natural grassland, without the use of grain or other supplements. We therefore promote a constant regeneration and improvement of our grasslands, wildlife, soil life and soil structure.
Is a planning process and decision making which provides insights and tools to better understand the production process as a whole. Holistic Management also considers the balance between environment, social wellbeing and financial aspects of a business.
We are local producers of certified
organic bovine grass-fed beef.
At La Julia we believe that the food we eat should be produced in the healthiest and most sustainable way, returning to the basics, with real flavours and nutrients.
This is a family owned cattle ranch where we breed our cattle
with natural pastures.
Following a Holistic Management Criteria,
we pay special attention to flavour and quality standards. Since 1994, we breed our herds prioritizing animal welfare, in a hormone, steroid and antibiotic free protocol and a chemical fertilizer and pesticide free environment. We understand that the ecosystem is a part of the productive process and taking care of it is our mission together with our consumers.
to produce the best bovine meat.
We are committed in each step of the process to respect Nature’s cycles,
offering our products to the market when the animals reach their ideal maturity levels. Ours is a seasonal product which we offer when the steer is at its very best.
We strive to guarantee the
quality and sustainability of the whole process
dedicated attention in the preparation of cuts
The beef is preserved with its natural enzymes in cold chambers to best keep its natural nutrients, flavours and juices.
Each "La Julia" box
is meticulously prepared.
We are proud to announce that we are Rodale Institute Approved
and happy to contribute to the development
of organic regenerative farming.
grazing areas at rest
eye of round
prime rib/cube roll
Defrost the meat in advance, ideally in the fridge.
It's best to avoid doing it in the first hours at room temperature. We don't recommended defrosting in microwave, with hot water or directly over the fire. After the meat is thawed (refrigerator defrosting only), it should be cooked within the next 3-5 days.
1. Open the meat pack at least 30 minutes before cooking.
2. When you open the meat pack and break the vacuum-seal, the meat cut should be aired at room temperature in order to allow it to regain its natural color and neutral smell.
3. Dry any excess liquid from the cut using a paper towel.
4. We strongly recommend you do not wash the meat cut. Please consume it as it comes, without washing, in order to avoid the loss of proteins.
1. The meat cuts from pasture-raised animals, being very low in fat, need to be cooked with care.
2. This type of meat is ideally cooked to Medium/Medium-rare points.
3. These meat cuts generally cook a little faster than conventional grain-finished meats. Please be mindful of the cooking temperature.
4. Once the meat is cooked, we suggest letting it rest for 5 minutes before cutting to allow the juices to settle and distribute evenly.
transitioning to a
zero waste packaging
As part of our mission of being a Zero Waste company, we invite you to join our sustainable efforts by making the return of the boxes and ice packs in which we deliver our products to reuse the packaging and thus avoid generating waste.
REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
Things you can do at home:
1. Receive your order and transfer your products to the fridge, returning the packaging upon delivery.
2. Clean well the plastic container of the products and put it to recycle.
3. If you portion the meat, we suggest using reusable containers or bags to store it in the fridge or freezer.
They are handled with respect and care based on the Organic Certification rules and regulations. Our cattle’s diet consists of totally natural pastures; they live in ample grazing grassland areas with easy access to water, and copses that provide shade and shelter. La Julia’s animals have a very docile temperament and are handled with ease.
Cattle management techniques protect the environment , promoting biodiversity and soil regeneration.
Our product is healthy and of a high nutritional value because it is free from hormones, chemical pesticides and fertilizers. Farm life for our staff and their families is encouraged by workplace dignity.
According to joint investigations of USDA and Clemson University of South Carolina, grass-fed bovines differ in many ways from grain-fed bovines. Some of the most relevant differences are:
Grass-fed beef has a higher amount of Omega 3
Higher levels of beta carotene
More Vitamin E (Alpha-tocopherol)
Higher levels of Vitamin B complex, especially riboflavin and thiamine
More calcium, magnesium and potassium
Lower levels of total fat
A healthier ratio of Omega 6 to Omega 3 fatty acids (1.65 to 4.84)
Higher levels of CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) (cis-9 trans-11) which may potentially help fight cancer
Higher levels of vaccenic acid (which may turn into CLA
Lower levels of saturated fats, associated with cardiac conditions